Thursday, January 14, 2016

How my life changed forever, My Baptism (by Gina Dennis)


How my spiritual journey led me to Baptism:

Thank you all for your prayers and your support as I go through this journey of commitments that I wholly embraced on Sunday, January 10, 2016, when I was brought into the Baptismal Covenant.

At the end of the year 2015, I met a very courageous, amazing woman named Sylvia Miller-Mutia. She encouraged me and introduced me to my now beloved Church: St. Thomas Canterbury Episcopal Church. I am so blessed that God introduced me to Sylvia and the wonderful Canterbury Community.

During 2015, I also met a woman who changed my life forever: Sally Barlow. Sally is, by far, one of the strongest individuals that I have ever met in my entire 37 years of life. She is a brilliant, beautiful, humble, and incredible person who reached out to me with amazing grace. Sally encouraged me and led me to see who I really am. I prayed my entire life that I would meet someone just like Sally. I am so blessed to have her in my life forever as my Baptism Sponsor.

What Baptism means to me:

As an Adult, my Baptism means the following to me:

*It is my duty to uphold the promises that I made.

*It is also my responsibility to always pray for and protect Sally, my Baptism Sponsor, during her life journey as well. 

*I am now empowered to feel God’s presence all around me and to feel God’s presence within every human and every being.

*I have a Green Mission to protect our Earth, our World. I will do all that I can through my work, my community, and my personal life to ensure that I protect this blessed Earth.

*I will spend the rest of my life striving for justice and for peace in our community, in our country, and in our World.

Thank You

Thank you Fritz and Don for the valuable education during the Church Catechism classes.

Thank you all, and blessings to all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments and any questions! Please be aware that comments are moderated and may take a day or two to appear. Please be aware that we do not allow any potentially libelous statements, hate speech, attacks on others, or deliberately inflammatory remarks. We are striving to generate an open discussion based in Christianity so please do not impede that.